AS LONG AS YOU LIVE, KEEP LEARNING!
It’s always too soon to stop learning and never too late to start! Me.
Here is the test to find out whether your mission on earth is finished: if you’re alive, it isn’t.” -Richard Bach.
It is always too early to decide that it’s too late.” -Unknown
Hello and welcome,
I am currently reading a book, about thinking, that has sold four million copies, (plus my one)? world wide. The author is a fully qualified Psychologist and has a Ph.D.
Usually when such authors write about their subject they use a language, terms and concepts that are usually only of use to other experts in their field. This book however has far more sensible, practical, understandable and do-able information than any book I have read on the subject of our thoughts and how they run our life.
The book, totally, confirms my insights and understanding of how your THINKING and DOING rules/creates your life experiences. Yes, the process applies to me as well.
I have only read two chapters and already I have made one hundred and ninety seven marks of alongside words that I consider to be absolutely essential as 'food for my future thoughts' and for those of my readers.
Yes I am still learning and so should you be! I just happen to be several steps ahead of you because I have been learning longer. Below are some observations from the book about the power of thought. These are not quotations from the book they are my interpretation of some of the many truths in the book. They do though, totally support my own level of knowledge and understanding about how important our thoughts are.
What I have learned so far from the book is::
* The people who command the most respect are also the most successful. The explanation of why is summed up in four words, ‘their thinking and doing!
* Your ‘thought power’ directs what you become. Think that you are weak, think you lack what it takes, think you will lose, think you are second class and you are doomed to mediocrity.
* Think enthusiasm and you’ll feel enthusiastic. Build into yourself an optimistic, progressive glow, the feeling that life is great even when it isn’t.
* To succeed you have to think and feel and act like you will succeed.
* Where success is concerned people are not measured in inches or pounds, university degrees, or family background, they are measured by the size of their thinking.
* How big you think determines the size of our accomplishments.
* Above average thinkers train themselves to see not just what is but, what can be.
* Well informed thinkers always think of what can be achieved in the future. They aren’t stuck in the present.
Want more? If not skip this bit and come back to it later.
* Thinking power is more important than simple intelligence.
* You earn success by thinking and believing that you can succeed.
* Your mind is to be used for thinking with, not just as a storehouse of knowledge.
* People who are successful have a different vocabulary (food for their thinking) than the rest of the world.
* You can upgrade your thinking and doing by upgrading the content of your mind.
* You can upgrade the content of your mind by being observant and selective about what you allow into your mind.
* By only allowing ‘thought poison’ into your mind you poison your life.
* In order to make progress as a person and in your life in general you have to become a progressive thinker and doer.
* It is possible for anyone to build a, ‘success – building, thought and action programme’.
The bottom line is this.
You are, and have today, the sum total of all the thoughts and actions you carried out in your past. You have nobody to thank or to blame but yourself. Remember this when responding to future thoughts and what you do. Your future is determined by what you THINK and DO today.
Beneficially yours, always,
Thought Master and Mentor
P.S. Let your friends know where you got this info. They, like you, will benefit from reading it! I will also be grateful to you for your help and support in my mission!